Travel recaps: I miss you, Italy




I had wonderful spring love affair with Italy last April.
2, blissful but short, weeks around the country.
The pictures I took (above) do no justice to the true colours and charismatic appeal of Italy.

Walking down cobbled stone streets with gorgeous architecture all around, I felt like I was transported to a different period in time. Straight out of books I've read and studied (think HSC Ancient History classes). Everything screamed history and me, being a history fanatic, was constantly hyper throughout the journey.
Sorry travel companion, albeit belated, for my over enthusiasim.

But it wasn't just the history but the vibrancy of the cities: the scenery, food, lifestyle, hospitality, weather and little vespas zooming around that made me fell more deeply in love.
Not even the gypsies that crowded the tourist sites or unexpected train strikes could make me love it any less.

On the last day as the train left Venezia Santa Lucia station, onwards to Switzerland....I looked back and made a promise to be back.

Well I did toss a coin into the Fontana di Trevi so I should be!

2 comments:

Maxine said...

Thanks for the comment over at my blog! You take lovely photographs and I guess we share a love of travel. :) I loved my trip to Australia and am thinking of ways to get back there as soon as I can. Have fun in Taiwan ... it's not a bad place to visit for a short period, in spite of all the bad things I've said about it!

Jo N said...

Thanks for the kind words. Yes raveling is a passion of mine ^^
Gd to know you had a great time in Oz. Periodically going through your Taiwan posts as reference on things to eat and visit etc.
Looking fwrd to your post on what you like abt Taiwan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...