Chocolate zucchini cake





Images from La receta de la felicidad

Ingredients

  • 300 g shredded zucchin, 125 ml vegetable oil, 200 g sugar, 250 g flour, 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional) and 1 pinch of salt (optional)
I'm extremely curious about this recipe from La receta de la felicidad.  A dairy and egg free cake. Perfect for those who are allergic to one or both of the mentioned ingredients. If you love to bake and have the talent in the kitchen, please try this recipe out and let me know if it's yummy.

Personally, I'm lactose-intolerant which I didn't know until I was in my late teens. I have always wondered why I was constantly suffering from cramps and diarrhoea, especially in the mornings after my cup of hot chocolate or glass of milk. My primary school teacher told my mum that it was normal for kids to go through it, so did this doctor that I used to go to. Hence for a time, I thought it was normal to have tummy aches frequently.  It wasn't until a friend pointed out that it was unusual and my subsequent consultation with a different doctor that I found out. So it was goodbye milk and hello soy.

But it hasn't stopped me from indulging in the occasionally ice-cream or dairy-related food. I have gotten used to the consequence that it doesn't really bother me that much. Ok, sometimes it's bad. Yes, I should stop but I really do love ice-cream.

Do you have an allergy?

11 comments:

Travel Gourmande said...

That chocolate cake looks yummy and healthier than the cookies and cakes I have been munching today :) I don't have allergies but I never really liked milk. I usually take coffee black, porridge without milk. I can't even drink it hot, it makes me gag even when I was a kid, I'd hide under the bed. I purely drink it for calcium consumption and could only drink it cold and without any sugar. I'm just weird like that. But ice cream?--oh yes :)

helen said...

that looks super interesting! i love zucchini so i wonder if it's good. i tried a cookie the other day that was dairy and egg free too...they used avocado instead of butter, and it tasted pretty good, but not much like a cookie. :)

Unknown said...

Who would've thought ... zucchini and chocolate! I'm mildly allergic to some foods, though most of the time I think it's the pesticides and stuff they put on the skin that I'm allergic to, and not the foods themselves. Apples (ones with wax), cherries, peaches, and on occasion an odd fruit here and there (the last time I was in Taiwan I found myself allergic to the custard apple, but not this time).

Jackie said...

This cake looks amazing! I love zucchini on it's own so maybe it would taste good in a dessert as well!

Dilan Dilir said...

everything looks awesome :D

rooth said...

I'm lucky that I don't have any food allergies but I don't really consume that much dairy anyway. I am such a big fan of almond milk!

Sandy a la Mode said...

this looks sooo yummy!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Deidre said...

I was the same, I didn't know i was gluten intolerant until I was 17...I also was in constant pain, and had lots of stomach aches - I no longer eat gluten!

Unknown said...

wow, this looks so delicious! interesting ingredients too :) thanks alot for sharing <3

trishie said...

Chocolate and zucchini is such an unusual pairing. I'm really curious about the recipe now!

Shoko said...

I want this right now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...