Potato gnocchi

Potato gnocchi with samphire, girolles and baby leeks (for 4)

The dough:
600g warm baked potato, sieved (around 12–14 medium Chippers Choice)
40g egg yolk
90g plain flour
10g salt

Seaweed butter:
150g soft unsalted butter
20g chopped wakame
20g chopped sea lettuce

Sautéed girolles:
150g girolle mushrooms, cleaned
1 small shallot, chopped
1 sprig of thyme
1 clove garlic (optional)
10g vegetable oil
Splash of cabernet sauvignon vinegar
Splash of walnut oil (optional)
80g samphire
4 baby leeks

Full recipe details on Editer
Like most people, pasta is one of my favourite types of food. I, more often than not, have some sort of pasta dish twice a week. Particularly love ravioli and gnocchi (although gnocchi technically isn't part of the pasta family). It's quite difficult to find a place that makes good gnocchi here and even so definitely not as good as the dish I had in Florence. That's why my eyes lit up when I saw this recipe at Editer. The dish looks amazing and drool-worthy. Plus it seems fairly easy to emulate. Well... at least from the pictures it seems that way.

What's your favourite pasta dish?

Have a great weekend gents and ladies.

7 comments:

Irene said...

These gnocchi look delicious, I might give them a try next yearwhen I'm back at home :)
I also love most kinds of pasta, especially spaghetti or gnocchi bolognese and tagliatelli with salmon. And pizza is one of my favourite dishes for sure!

helen said...

i can't believe you made your own gnocchi! you are so legit! my husband loves gnocchi so i would have to try this sometime :)

Travel Gourmande said...

Oh my, this dish looks delicious! Pasta dish I can't resist- a plate of Spaghetti Bolognese or Spaghetti Frutti di Mare. Merry Christmas to you Jo!

Elle Sees said...

i've never made this

Stephanie said...

Ahh this looks so tasty! I've never tried to make this before!

Winnie said...

I love Ravioli type dishes too - and your gnocchi looks amazing! I need to try and make it one day too.

Anonymous said...

whoaaa this looks AWESOME. gnocchi is one of my absolute favourite foods! i make ricotta gnocchi when i don't feel like a carb overload. thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...